Wednesday, September 27, 2017

32nd year - N° 270 Wednesday, 27 September 2017

BIRTH(+)FACT(᙮)DEATH(-)
32nd year - N° 270 Wednesday, 27 September 2017

27 September / Today's 16 Events:
(-)
427 years ago He Never Made the Thirteenth Day

Thursday 27th of September 1590

228th Pope Urbanus VII, originally Giovanni Battista Castagna dies of malaria at the age of 69 in Vatican City, Rome, Lazio, Italy.

Urbanus VII's twelve-day papacy was the shortest in history.


(-)
317 years ago

Monday 27th of September 1700

242nd Pope Innocentius XII, originally Antonio Pignatelli dies of natural causes at the age of 85 in Vatican City, Rome, Lazio, Italy.

Innocentius XII is notable for being the last bearded pope to date.


(x)
129 years ago They Won't Fix Him Yet

Thursday 27th of September 1888

Unidentified serial killer Jack the Ripper writes his 'Dear Boss' letter to the Central News Agency in London, Greater London, United Kingdom.

Dear Boss, I keep on hearing the police have caught me but they wont fix me just yet. I have laughed when they look so clever and talk about being on the right track. That joke about Leather Apron gave me real fits. I am down on whores and I shant quit ripping them till I do get buckled. Grand work the last job was. I gave the lady no time to squeal. How can they catch me now. I love my work and want to start again. You will soon hear of me with my funny little games. I saved some of the proper red stuff in a ginger beer bottle over the last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I cant use it. Red ink is fit enough I hope ha. ha. The next job I do I shall clip the ladys ears off and send to the police officers just for jolly wouldn't you. Keep this letter back till I do a bit more work, then give it out straight. My knife's so nice and sharp I want to get to work right away if I get a chance. Good Luck. Yours trulyJack the Ripper Dont mind me giving the trade name PS Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet. They say I'm a doctor now. ha ha


(+)
104 years ago

Saturday 27th of September 1913

Psychologist Albert Ellis known for founding cognitive-behavioral therapies is born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.


(-)
100 years ago

Thursday 27th of September 1917

Impressionist artist Edgar Degas, originally Hilaire-Germain-Edgar De Gas dies of unknown causes at the age of 83 in Paris, Île-de-France, France.


(+)
97 years ago

Monday 27th of September 1920

General of the Italian carabinieri Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiese is born in Saluzzo, Piemonte, Italy.


(+)
95 years ago He Was a Little Big Man

Wednesday 27th of September 1922

Film director Arthur Hiller Penn is born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.


(+)
79 years ago

Tuesday 27th of September 1938

Wiener Aktionist Günter Brus is born in Ardning, Steiermark, Austria.


(+)
75 years ago He Was a Coo Ca Choo

Sunday 27th of September 1942

Musician Alvin Stardust, originally Bernard William Jewry is born in Muswell Hill, London, Greater London, United Kingdom.


(+)
63 years ago

Monday 27th of September 1954

Double murderer James David Autry aka Cowboy is born in Potter Country, Texas, United States.


(+)
58 years ago

Sunday 27th of September 1959

Spree killer Eliseo Hernandez Moreno is born in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States.


(-)
56 years ago She Lost Measure

Wednesday 27th of September 1961

Poet and writer Hilda Doolittle aka H. D. dies of complications from a stroke at the age of 75 in Klinik Hirslanden, Witellikerstrasse 40, Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland.


(-)
52 years ago

Monday 27th of September 1965

Actress and sex symbol Clara Gordon Bow aka The It Girl dies of a heart attack at the age of 60 in Culver City, California, United States.


(x)
43 years ago She Saw the Light

Friday 27th of September 1974

26-year-old Member of the 'Manson Family' Susan Denise Atkins aka Sadie Mae Glutz has a religious vision of Jesus in her cell and becomes a born-again christian in California Institution for Women, Chino, California, United States.


< /table>
(x)
37 years ago

Saturday 27th of September 1980

21-year-old Performance artist Danny Devos aka DDV performs 'This Week I Was Beaten Up - 1' and 'Eternity Forever - 1' with The Simpletones in Willem II Fabriek, Boschdijkstraat, Den Bosch, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands.

While the Simpletones played their music I laid out lines of gunpowder on the floor and on the wall I wrote: "This week I was beaten up for love". Then I stood on a tottering heap of bricks tied with ropes on my hands and neck. The gunpowder was ignited. While the Simpletones played their music fast I pulled a heavy stone across the floor drawing an eternity-sign. After 20 minutes someone threw a glass of beer over a power-supply and we were cut off.


12 years ago The Eyes had it

Tuesday 27th of September 2005

Our brave pigkeeper early in the morning in his makeshift quarters where he survived for 10 days, including sleeping on a chair in 798 Art District, Dashanzi, Beijing, Hebei, China.


No comments: