Friday, March 28, 2014

29th year - N° 87 Friday, 28 March 2014

BIRTH(+)FACT(᙮)DEATH(-)
29th year - N° 87 Friday, 28 March 2014

28 March / Today's 6 Events:
(-)
73 years ago

Friday 28th of March 1941

Writer Virginia Adeline Stephen Woolf commits suicide by drowning at the age of 59 in River Ouse, Rodmell, Sussex, United Kingdom.

Woolf put on her overcoat, filled its pockets with stones, walked into the River Ouse near her home and drowned herself. Her body was not found until 18 April 1941."I feel certain that I am going mad again: I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and can't concentrate. So I am doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness... I can't fight it any longer, I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work."


(-)
37 years ago

Monday 28th of March 1977

Sylvia Lauterbach is beaten to death by serial killer Bernd Bopp aka The Hammer Murderer in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.


(x)
35 years ago

Wednesday 28th of March 1979

A partial nuclear meltdown of the TMI-2 reactor in Unit 2 occurs due to a loss-of-coolant accident in Three Mile Island, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States.

Within days 140.000 people had left the area to escape the release of small amounts of radioactive gases and radioactive iodine into the environment.


(x)
35 years ago

Wednesday 28th of March 1979

20-year-old Performance artist Danny Devos aka DDV performs 'Thriller' in Prinsenhof 03, Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium.

I stood facing a wall. A razorblade was pressed between my lips and the wall. I stayed as long as I could.



15 years ago The Eyes had it

Sunday 28th of March 1999

Messieurs Delmotte at an artists gathering in Galerie Nadja Vilenne, 5 Rue du Commandant Marchand, Liège, Liège, Belgium.


(-)
8 years ago

Tuesday 28th of March 2006

Serial killer Jerry Jerome Henry Brudos aka The Lust Killer dies of liver cancer at the age of 67 in Oregon State Penitentiary, Salem, Oregon, United States.

At the time of his death, Brudos was the longest incarcerated inmate in the Oregon Department of Corrections, a total of 37 years.


No comments: